Tuesday, November 2, 2010

West Wing

I hoped that this day would never arrive, but it unfortunately has.

If someone in the near or distant future asks me "so, what was the most exciting thing that happened to you in Tanzania?"

I would say "West Wing."

The seven seasons I had with West Wing were absolutely fantastic.  It gave me so much.  I was fully entertained with all its politico-cinematic awesomeness, and was informed as well about various aspects of American politics.  But most of all, it was the best motivational tool I had.  I would be watcing West Wing to wind down after work, only to be pumped up to do something after finishing it.  But in many cases, I could not resist watching another episode.  In the midst of ridiculously low standard and achievement that surrounds me, it was something both intense and comfortable.  It took me a while to finish the seven season, but I admit that I had intentionally took my time, and I even wish that I was even more economical.

No doubt I will return to another round of the West Wing, and perhaps a lot sooner than I expect myself to.

Farewell West Wing, it was good to have you around.  I'll miss you.

No comments: