I'm putting the Internet to the test by asking you for solutions to a conundrum I have.
I have recently acquired 3 netbook computers on the grounds that they could improve efficiency and proper documentation in the school. I'm a bit unsure how to go forth from here, so I ask you for your input. Here are some things to consider:
- There are 3 netbooks, but there are 15 full time teachers. 4 are involved in the most important departments: the bursar (a.k.a. Madam Money) and the academic department (every test score, every student, document nightmare)
- They have seen a computer, but have barely used one. I think they are more familiar with the concept of a computer.
- I have a computer and a projecter.
- I know how to use a computer, but I acquired knowledge of it more gradually, by having one at home and a couple of classes at school. I have only heard of the challenges of teaching computer to those who have no background at all.
- There is a place in town that teachers computer.
- No internet (cost reasons)
If you have an idea, please write it as a comment to this post and include: who will use it, how will they learn it, who will be taking care of the computers, etc.
If you have any further questions, I'll answer them by continually updating this post, and provide feedback in the comments section.
Winning prize: changing the world, one small step at a time. :)